Gifting flowers to celebrate a wedding anniversary has a long and interesting history.
Back in the Medieval Period: the men of the Holy Roman Empire would often surprise their wives with silver garlands to commemorate 25 years of marriage and golden wreaths to mark their 50th.
And these days, offering flowers as a gift to honor the most beautiful day in your lives is still the most popular and treasured anniversary gift.
1-Take Your Milestone Year into Consideration
When on the hunt for the best flower anniversary gift out there, blossoms that convey a message of love like roses, orchids or tulips are definitely a good choice.
But if you want to go a step further and offer a more personalized gift, then taking your anniversary milestone into consideration is the way to go.
- 1st Anniversary: Carnations… They represent strength and affection.
- 3rd Anniversary: Sunflowers… They represent trust and passion.
- 5th Anniversary: Daisies… They represent fidelity and hope.
- 10th Anniversary: Daffodils… They represent rebirth and new beginnings.
- 13th Anniversary: Chrysanthemum… They represent royalty and luck.
- 15th Anniversary: Roses… They represent passion and romance.
- 20th Anniversary: Asters… They represent wisdom and appreciation.
- 25th Anniversary: Iris… They represent hope and faith.
- 30th Anniversary: Lilies… They represent commitment and loyalty.
- 50th Anniversary: Yellow roses and violets… They mean happiness.
2-Match the Flower to Her Name
You love the idea of sending out anniversary flowers that have a special connection with your love – and while you are considering going the classic route and opting for your milestone blossoms, you’re looking for something more personal.
If your special someone carries the name of a flower, such as
- Lily or Rose, sending out a bouquet in matching blossoms is a definitely a great gift with a personal touch. Mission accomplished: an unforgettable flower arrangement that shows thoughtfulness and care.
3-Pick a Flower that Represents a Beautiful Memory
You spent a magical summer night, filled with laughter and great conversation in a field of sunflowers during your first weeks of dating.
Or perhaps you popped the big question while on a romantic date night out when you offered a bouquet of peonies to go with your sparkly ring.
Whatever your beautiful flower-related memory may be, picking out a bloom that reminds your love of a special moment in your life is definitely the key to a memorable gift.
If you love this idea, but can’t find any flowers that remind you of unique moments, then simply take a look at your old wedding photos and notice her wedding bouquet. Next, opt for an anniversary flower arrangement inspired by her bridal flower of choice, for a gift that’s loaded with both a celebratory feel and thoughtfulness.
4-Opt for a Flower Bouquet in Her Favorite Color
If you’re not one to follow rules and you’re simply looking for a present that will delight your love, here’s a gift after her own heart: an anniversary flower arrangement in her favorite color.
Whether she loves
- pastel shades of pink,
- purple or
- bright red and
- vibrant orange, picking out a floral present in her favorite shade is not only a more hassle-free alternative but also a great way to make sure the gift will be truly adored.
Related Articles & Categories
10 Most Romantic Flowers
18 Meanings of Roses by Number to Help You Choose the Perfect Bouquet
100+ Eye-catching Flowers to Celebrate Your Anniversary
Discover Surprising Meanings of 34 Flowers
5 Best Flowers to Give to Men