The anticipation, the excitement, the buzz of the first date jitters are a common response to a sometimes nerve-wracking and slightly stressful situation.
You want to put your best foot forward, so you dress to impress, spritz a little bit of cologne, and choose a bouquet of flowers for your date.
Flowers are a traditional and romantic gesture that will be sure to make a memorable first impression.
There may be a little bit of guesswork involved in choosing the right flowers for your date, here are a few ideas to help with the selection process.
Unless it’s a blind date, hopefully, you have a little bit of your date’s personality and can choose flowers according to what you think she’ll like the most.
Red Roses for the Romantic Woman
Giving red roses on a first date says as much about you as it does the recipient. You are serious about finding love, and not afraid to show your affection.
The deep red color of the rose means passion, deep commitment, and that you and your date are both traditional in nature. Red roses can also convey admiration, devotion or respect. The number of red roses can also tell someone how you feel. No matter how many you choose, red roses will tell that special someone that you love them.
Try some of these combinations to get just the right reaction.
- Showing up with a single red rose means it was love at first sight.
- Bringing deep red roses says you are ready for a commitment.
- Handing someone a beautiful vase full of red roses coveys your admiration and devotion.
- The most popular way to say I love you is with 12 red roses.
White Lilies for the Elegant Woman
White lilies should be given to an elegant, refined, and slightly reserved woman. Giving white lilies shows that you are a respectful and thoughtful date, and you admire her unique and interesting qualities. The white petals on a lily represent innocence and purity while the leaves of a lily symbolize modesty.
There are many meanings associated with white lilies including hope and charity. One of the most widely known meaning of the lily is related to royalty.
Treat your date like a queen with the gift of white lilies.
- Give her a bouquet of white lilies if you want to make a proclamation of love or lust.
- When you give a lily to your date, it represents her sense of gentleness and elegance.
- If + want your date to feel special, give her any number of white lilies to let her know she is unique.
- Lilies are tasteful and refined, give your date these flowers to let her know you see those qualities in her as well.
- Royalty has clung to lilies for centuries to define their status, give your special someone a dozen of them to let them know that they are the queen of your heart.
Pink Orchids for the Modern Woman
The modern woman loves a bold, bright pink color. Give her the gift of a pink orchid, a plant that will bloom and grow, just like your love may grow over time. With meanings of innocence, femininity, and happiness, the choice of orchid shows that you have high hopes for the date and have a positive outlook on your time spent together. She will appreciate the offbeat flower choice that matches her bright and bubbly personality.
- Make a great first date impression by giving your date a potted pink orchid, she will feel she is worth more than just a bouquet and she will have something to remember your date together for longer than a few weeks.
- An orchid is highly coveted flower, let your date know that’s how you feel about her as well when you give her one.
- Giving your date an orchid symbolizes the luxury, beauty, and strength that you see within her.
- Make your date feel as exotic and graceful as an orchid when you hand her one on your first date.
Daisies for the Dynamic Woman
A bouquet of daisies is the perfect token for a first date to set a fun and playful mood. Daisies have an innocent, youthful quality. Daisies can also represent cheerfulness and new beginnings and when you group together assorted colors it symbolizes sincerity.
When you want to take it slow and spend time enjoying each other’s company before getting too serious, daisies are the flower of choice.
- When you want your date to know that you and she share a positive playful perspective on life and love, give her a bouquet of daisies.
- Let your date know you think she is “fresh as a daisy” when you give her a multicolored bouquet that is just as bright and pure as she is.
- Show your date your youthful side with daisies, these can be a great ice breaker to let your date know that you want to enjoy her company.
- While the daisy is a widely known flower, your date will be delightfully surprised to be presented with a fresh, full of life multicolored bouquet of these flowers that symbolize sincerity.
Mixed Bouquet, Something for Everyone
A mixed bouquet of seasonal flowers is the right choice when you’re agonizing over which flower to buy, or which flower might she like or not like. As it’s your first date, there is no harm in going with a tasteful mixed bouquet. Ask the florist for their advice, they can help you create a personal bouquet just right for the occasion. You can’t go wrong with a colorful bunch of fresh flowers.
- An assorted arrangement of gardenia, geranium, gladiolus, and gorse symbolizes strength of character.
- Hydrangeas have a range of different meanings but if you give your date a mixed bouquet of them, they represent your desire to understand them on a deeper level.
- While roses and lilies are both associated with love, the rose is associated with romantic love and lilies with ideal love. Give your date a mix of both flowers to symbolize a culmination of both ideas.
- If you want your date to experience that take your breath away kind of beauty, give her a mixed arrangement of carnations, lilies, lisianthus and daisies that she will remember for years to come.
Think about the message you’d like to convey for your date, whether serious and romantic, playful and fun, or somewhere in between, there are flowers to match every personality and mood. The gift of flowers says as much about you as it does about your date. Make a great first impression with a lovely bouquet of flowers and your date is sure to be a success.
Related Articles & Categories
10 Most Romantic Flowers
18 Meanings of Roses by Number to Help You Choose the Perfect Bouquet
100+ Eye-catching Flowers to Celebrate Your Anniversary
Discover Surprising Meanings of 34 Flowers
5 Best Flowers to Give to Men